Sunday, January 24, 2010

Football Video and Scouting Software

If you are a coach and have not used or been acquainted with DSV (Digital Sports Video) you need to get up to speed. I have been in charge of my program's video and scouting software for the past 3 seasons. I have used DSV and have had nothing but great results. DSV integrates video into your scouting and self-scouting plans. I am not gonna go through all the positives here, I just wanted to give some updates on the software.

In march DSV will be releasing the new version of their software 7.0. It has added many new features, the best is the ability to run breakdown reports seamlessly within your presentation window. The presentation window is the computer program that allows you to project and watch video from your computer just like you do from DVD and VHS. If you fully integrate your systems into DSV, you can actually eliminate the use of tapes and DVD's (the exception is filming). Trades can be done online. You can even email cut-ups to universities whom are recruiting your athletes. If you have a microphone, you can easily add voice over coaching to game or practice video. You can upload all of your videos to the internet and access it from any computer (windows based) connected to the internet. Finally, the rep from DSV showed me how the online video can be viewed from Iphones and Ipod touches. This service will begin next season.

I am not a representative of DSV in any way. For me DSV has made handling football video and scouting a much easier task. My school does not use tapes or dvds. In fact, the only tapes I had to make were for other schools that did not use DSV software. I am sure most schools use some form of video software. If you don't currently use DSV seriously consider buying it. There are other products on the market, but I have not used any of them. Most of the schools in my league use DSV.

2 comments:

  1. How does this compare to Hudl if anyone has used that?

    Also, what is the cost, I can't find it on the site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea on hudi. Dsv is $2800 per license I believe.

    ReplyDelete